Gallery

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Arboretum Thaw

I found this scene while going for an early spring run through the arboretum last year. The paths were un-groomed and still full of snow so it was tough going. I was running with a couple of other people and we kept up a pace that made it seem a little like a roller coaster ride with the uneven ground and stray branches brushing our faces. We hit a clear and a short wooden bridge and I put on the brakes. To the left the woods opened up to a pond area. Although it was cold, there was a warmth and sparkle in the scene. It seemed surprising for the water to be open with a few ducks swimming. I guess spring really was coming! The lasting memory was one of shimmering light and hopeful color. This is my third attempt to recreate the vision. I think I got it right.

Arboretum Thaw
15 x 10
300 lb cold press
$225. Local purchasers can ask about matting and framing

Limited number of giclee reproductions available for $65.
These are ready to place into a 14x11 frame. The image size is about 10.5 x 7 and includes matting and backing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment